2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
1 pound turkey, cut into bite-size pieces
1 large onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
4 medium carrots, chopped
4 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
3 cups bone broth
1 cup water
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add the turkey and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate when done.
2. Add the remaining oil and cook the onion, celery, carrots, and parsnips until the vegetables begin to soften (about 3-5 minutes). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Add broth, water and apples; bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring often until vegetables are tender (about 8 minutes)
4. Return the turkey to the pot and stir in vinegar.
5. Divide amongst 4 bowls and serve.